Not only were they fellow delvers (Dleps, Norfaz and Ragnorf) awaiting for them in a fully-healed state . . . but so were six strangers.
Axel (innkeeper of The Laughing Owl) explained, "I hadn't mentioned it before but the Seeress also said that if or when your party fell to half or below, new delvers would arrive for the next 'bag of beans' . . . which is tonight . . . and here they are."
"We explained everything and they have all agreed to join us." added Norfaz "Like us they all arrived here independently with nothing left in their purses and nowhere else to go."
Turning to look at the strangers who were to join them, the returning delvers saw an elf, a hobbit and four humans:
- Bejal -- female 2nd Level Cleric of Ra -- AC-5; HP-13; Staff
- Hufnir -- male 2nd Level Cleric of Freyr -- AC-2; HP-14; Mace
- Ilona -- female 2nd Level Elf -- AC-3; HP-13; Longsword
- Miklos -- male 2nd Level Hobbit -- AC-5; HP-11; Shortsword, Throwing Knives
- Ptaro -- male 2nd Level Magic-User -- AC-6; HP-10; Staff, Dagger, Darts
- Ullara -- female 2nd Level Fighter -- AC-4; HP-16; Broadsword
As usual, Axel and his daughter, Lilith, provided free food and drink to the delvers (both old and new) as they learned more about each other and began the bonding process.
All spent much time examining the maps and discussing what things they had found where . . . until it was time to once again draw beans from the rune-encrusted bag. Once all twelve had their hands in the bag, the familiar glow surrounded them. Each then drew forth their hands and back beans were found in four hands.
So on the marrow newcomers Bejal and Ptaro would join Dleps and Fasboo for three days of delving into the Undercity.
( Note -- all of the new delvers have just made 2nd level . . . and, of course, have no money and no magic items. )